I don’t know about you, but between a busy work schedule (working for a global company has it’s advantages and disadvantages). This got me thinking about finding a supplement to help with energy and I ran across Gundry MD Vital Reds (energy booster). With my wonderful wife & girls schedule, volunteering for my community and last but not least helping my 99 Year old Grandmother my day is full.
As I have gotten older, I can tell that my energy levels have dropped off. After work I am typically exhausted. Sometimes sitting down for a couple of minutes at 6:30 PM or 7:00 PM falling asleep. When I am not working I usually sneak in a 10 minute nap, it makes a huge improvement on my well being and clarity for the rest of the day. However, since I need to work for a living that does not really work for me. My alternative is to see what I can do to find better energy. Either from exercise, changing my eating habits, sleep patterns or supplements. Hence why I search, found and titled this blog post “Gundry MD Vital Reds Review (energy booster)”. They claim it helps with energy with many other benefits, but my focus is to see if it can help me with my energy.
Like many of you, I have a couple of simple personal goals that are not so easy to achieve.
- Long term weight management. My family history is one that our body types and DNA seems to love to hold onto what we eat. It is really amazing to me to see I can eat one type of food and BAM – there is another 5 lbs.
- Address my overall health. At work we have yearly health assessments (thank you Volvo) for about 13 years now. The yearly tests go over the major indicators (blood pressure, BMI and cholesterol) and offer up suggestions on how to improve. Sometimes there are some good reflections to be had (like what not to eat or indulge in). Overall I am doing OK – but I struggle with bad HDL and also my weight… key places I would like to address.
- Exercise: overall I have been pretty active through most of my years but I really need to settle into a routine (both my wife and I have been working on this). My hope is that we will get better energy to do the things we want to do with our girls. Or maybe I should say, do the things we do with them better and not be wiped out at the end of the day.
- Eating better. In our house, some people would think we are rabbits as we eat many fruits and vegetables.We also have a healthy appetite for fish, chicken and beef. We try to avoid many of the “typical” foods that cause problems: processed foods, fast foods, fried foods, deserts and I am sure there are some more. We do struggle with the following items: Chips – crunchy, salty and a great food to grab when walking through the kitchen. Chocolate – more the girls here, but at least it is the dark chocolate kind :). Finally, some of the fruit – as good as it might be it is high in sugar (one of my enemies).
I have tried two things over the past year… with good results on both experiments. I needed to also understand what my body liked and what it does not. Keep in mind, I do have the lovely eternal gift from our wonderful Marine Corps (Plantar fasciitis). I have to watch what I do on my feet as it will get me into a cycle that is very difficult to deal with.
- Exercise: I have gotten to a point of two activities that seem compatible with my feet:
- Walking on the tread mill (long strides with elevation for 15-20 minutes max).
- Using free weights – various chest, back and arm exercise. I really am a fan of the adjustable barbells from Bowflex (Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell (Single).
- Watching what I eat. Both Melanie and I have been trying to change what we eat and the portions of protein. From shakes, to smoothies – we have been experimenting with what we think can and does work. Here are a couple of products we have come to like:
I wanted to isolate exercise and diet… so I stopped my exercise routine (after losing about 8lbs) and started focusing on my diet. That go me to a total loss of 17lbs. However motivation to keep going and with my schedule right now has been tough and I have back slid a little and put back on a couple of pounds :(.
So that being said, you know the struggle. Then this is where my search for more energy pointed me to researching Gundry MD products like Vital Reds. What I found interesting is the story on how Dr. Steven Gundry found the combination of Vital Reds. You can watch the infomercial here. Essentially he found what a patient had been taking that essentially changed his perception on supplements. He did say that he found many vitamins and supplements to be junk – but he found a common component to many that were effective. Essentially this is what led to the creation of Gundry MD Vital Reds (energy booster). Normally I am not a sucker for these kinds of things but I do know if I order this supplement I will use it. So that is what I did….
“This revolutionary formula combines the power of 34 polyphenol-rich superfruits with natural fat-burning ingredients and probiotics. Vital Reds helps your body maintain higher energy levels, better digestion, and healthier-looking skin.
- Amazing charge of long-lasting energy
- Additional savings on multi-jar packages
- Helps against fat build-up around belly, thighs, & waist
- Improved digestion with less gas, bloating, & discomfort”
You can order it from their site by using the button below!
So what’s in the Gundry MD Vital Reds (energy booster) box?
I was a little surprised by the size of the packaging and the overall size of the container. One reason why I took the photos below with the container.
Since I am on vacation this week, I thought it would be a good test to see how much energy I could get from this supplement. So far it seems like this works really well. I went out with our youngest on our Kayak with basically only the reds to drink prior to heading out. I was still a little full from the meal the night before but wondered if the Vital Reds would help me. Well wouldn’t you know, we got caught up in a marsh and I needed some extra energy to get us out of there. For the most part I made it back and was not beat down. Also on other days (even with being in the sun for many hours doing things I don’t normally do) I physically felt like I had much more energy than normal. I still needed (wanted a 10 minute nap) but it has only been a couple of days. They say on the Gundry web site you need 3-4 weeks to get the full effect.
What are the ingredients of Gundry MD Vital Reds?
Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folate, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Selenium, Chromium, Organic Carrot, Apple peel, Grape seed Extract, Aronia Berry Extract, Organic Flax Seed, Mulberry Fruit, European black currant fruit extract, apple, organic beet root, cranberry fruit extract, mango, papaya, acai fruit, strawberry, grape skin extract, blueberry fruit concentrate, pomegranate, blackberry, acerola fruit extract, apple pectin, red rasberry, pinapple, orange, cantaloupe, grape, watermelon, grapefruit, plum, pear, lemon, lime, cherry, peach, berberine hydrochloride, cinnamon bark, ginger root, green tea leaf extract, white tea leaf extract, tumeric rhizome extract, bitter melon fruit extract, black pepper fruit, bacillus coagulans, acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis, Fructooligosaccharides
I would love to hear from other people if you have tried Gundry MD Vital Reds (energy booster). Or and I am always open to hearing about other products you may use that you have been happy with. Let’s see what happens, I can tell you I am excited to see what 3 weeks will bring – especially once I get back to a “normal” work week.
Please leave a note below if you have had any experience with this product!