If like our house, you’re always looking for ways to reduce expenses this post maybe of interest to you. Our friends at Spectrum (AKA Time-Warner Cable) must believe they are part of the government. They increase your bill, because apparently we have “extra” cash just lying around that we don’t need. Their service is a good one, however I don’t (I imagine you don’t either) like those types of surprises every year. So what can we do?
- Take a look at your subscription today. If you cut out all of the channels that you don’t need or want it could have a great impact. Think about it for a moment, does it make sense to pay for 300 channels when you only watch about 6 or 7 regularly? If you can lower your monthly bill overall you might stay with Spectrum for cable but you can reduce your subscription costs.
- Another path to get there is SMART devices that connect to the Internet for programming services. In this case, you might have a DVD player that has internet access, a Roku box, Apple TV, Chrome cast etc. connected to your TV.
- Recently in an effort to support real time streaming of renting and purchasing videos, there have been several companies collaborating with Roku. Now there are several TV’s use Roku’s user friendly software as part of the TV. No more extra boxes to clutter up your wall or entertainment stand. Amazon took notice of this trend, and worked with a couple of manufactures to launch it’s own version of Roku TV’s called “Fire TV”.
*Note: With these bundled editions – you can get an HD antenna and a soundbar! Not a bad deal for a “total” package.
[amazon_link asins=’B06XDC9RBJ,B071RXZ2TM,B0725K9R5W’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’8599-9523-9537′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’98024269-5ad8-11e7-b44d-bb1f434e96f7′]
Here are a couple of highlights.
In my opinion one of the best features – a built in mic:
- Unlock the power of your TV using the included Voice Remote with Alexa. Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo, lets you use your voice to play TV shows, fast forward, rewind and pause, switch TV inputs, control smart home devices, and more – all you have to do is ask.
- Just say, “Find dramas,” and Alexa will show you results from apps like Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, and Prime Video. Need to take a break? Simply say, “Pause,” to pause live over-the-air TV. Want to skip the opening credits? Say, “Fast forward a minute,” with Prime Video. Want to order a pizza? Check the weather? Dim the family room lights? Alexa can do that too.
[amazon_link asins=’B06XD4SXWD,B0716P2TC4,B072BQFMQG’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’8599-9523-9537′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’cb030d87-5ad8-11e7-8faf-a7e25a9dfec3′]
Fire TV Edition delivers your favorite live over-the-air TV broadcasts and streaming content on the home screen – enjoy over 15,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills. Plus, you can subscribe to Sling TV, CBS All Access, and others to stream even more of your favorite TV shows without a cable subscription. Get universal search results across over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Prime Video.Fire TV Edition also makes it easy to discover new things to watch by recommending content you might enjoy. Watch as featured content or live TV shows come to life through auto-play previews. You can also connect your cable or satellite box through one of Fire TV Edition’s four HDMI ports.
|Pre-order Bonus: Pre-order any size Fire TV Edition TV and add a 35-Mile AmazonBasics Ultra Thin Indoor HD TV Antenna to your cart and receive the antenna free at checkout. Connect the HD antenna and enjoy live over-the-air TV broadcasts in HD quality. Click Pre-Order Bonus for Terms and Conditions.|
- Fire TV Edition is a smart TV experience that seamlessly integrates your favorite streaming and live over-the-air content on a unified home screen (HD antenna required).
- Experience true-to-life 4K UHD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and brilliant colors. Refresh Rate: 60 Hz (Native), 120 Hz (Effective).
- The Fire TV experience is built in so you can enjoy over 15,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills. Get universal search results across over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Prime Video.
- The included Voice Remote with Alexa allows you to control live TV playback, launch apps, search for TV shows, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and much more.
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 48.7” x 28.3” x 3.3”, TV with stand: 48.7” x 30” x 10.1”
- Multiple device input/output options: 4 HDMI 2.0 including 1 with ARC, 1 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0, SD card, Ethernet, composite/component, headphone, optical audio out.
[amazon_link asins=’B06XDQYQ8V,B0711HGTH2,B071VJJVYX,B07146LS9G’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’8599-9523-9537′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2cca310a-5add-11e7-8c8f-91843e33f5f0′]
So how can you reduce your cable bill using these TV’s? Well simply cancel cable and go pure on demand. Now that they are integrating services it is easier than ever. Between Netflix, Hulu, Sling and Amazon – you will have all of the entertainment you can stand. Just get high speed internet – order an HD antenna for local channels and you are all set. With only the need of high speed internet, you can potentially cut your cable bill in half.