As most of you know, I use affiliates on my blog to pay for the web site and maybe a night out with my wife :). I got this email today about Amazon “Labor Day Device Sale” and thought about promotions and how you can use examples like this to help you understand HOW to Promote Your Business online.
Are you using active promotions on your web site for your business? It is one thing to have a store front and web site with some static content that does not change, however Google / BING and any other search engines are looking for active and new content. It can be images, pages with promotions, maybe a blog post or two (example of what my site really is). Change, a hard thing for many but what search engines like.
Let’s take a look on how to Promote Your Business Online; get new web traffic from search engines and for use on social media or sending email to customers.
You never know who is looking at your content. Keeping people involved in “your business” (I know mom always told you keep to yourself) it is important in the digital age. Think of it as a reminder that you are “here”. So this post maybe of no interest to you but it is a reminder my blog is here.
When published, it will go out to Twitter (tested with my last post) and Facebook – including getting indexed by the various search engines. At the end of the day it will create traffic to my site and potential future business. This is what you want and is need today. So look at this as a reminder, to create a promotion about your business. It can be something that is NOT on sale today – but it is a reminder that you are still “here”.
What you need to do, follow these steps!
Create a photo of something you have in stock on a shelf or a product that you normally sell.
Create a good description.
Show the pricing (you may not always do this on your web site) but tell people the “Retail” pricing and “your” pricing. Even if you are higher than a big box store etc. – people trust who YOU are and will still come to you.
Create a page, or a blog post.
Then share on social media (where ever you play always SHARE)!
Now, try to start to do this every other week… then progress to once a week, then maybe twice a week.
IF you follow these simple 6 steps your traffic not only to your web site but also to your physical store WILL increase. If it does not, contact me and I will buy you a lunch to discuss why it is not working. However if it does work you owe me a lunch or maybe a nice dinner.
Here are two promotions today from the “Amazon Labor Day Device Sale”
*Oh and if you did not know – with Amazon, you can use Amazon Smile to send a small percentage of qualified purchases to a charity of your choice. Mine goes to my girls school, every little bit helps.
Amazon Labor Day Device Sale: fireTVstick
- Fire TV Stick connects to your TV’s HDMI port. It’s an easy way to enjoy over 4,000 channels, apps, and games including access to over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu, and more.
- Cutting the cord? Watch the best of live TV on NBC News, NBA, and Sling TV, which includes ESPN, CNN, HGTV, AMC, A&E, Cartoon Network, and more.
- 4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast plus a dual-core processor and 1 GB of memory
- No more buffering, ASAP learns what Amazon Video movies and shows you like so they start instantly
- Never miss out. Bring Fire TV Stick with you to watch your favorites away from home, even in hotels and dorm rooms.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Amazon Video, including original programming like Transparent, plus over 1 million songs with Prime Music. Add-on a subscription to Showtime, STARZ, and more to watch TV episodes, movies, and sports, without cable.
2. Amazon Labor Day Device Sale: Amazon tap
Amazon Tap – Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just tap and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
- Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
- Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Provides up to 9 hours of playback
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Includes Charging Cradle
Until next time…Promote Your Business Online Labor Day Sale