Using a Chat tool for Contact Us
This is a re-post with some new updated links to validate a Plugin for WordPress called WP to Twitter. So reusing this content to post my very first TWEET about Using a Chat tool for Contact Us! We shall see how this goes :)
The Number one purpose of any web site is to be a communication tool (we are talking about your web site, using Facebook to communicate to people, EBAY, Craigslist E-Mail and on and on). Your message to visitors is only half the story. You need various “calls to actions” that you want people to take on a page. It could be as simple as having your phone number, address for directions and the standard Contact Us form. What if I told you, we can improve upon that best practice and add in chat for both needs? This simple solution I have used for over a year “PureChat” could work for you it is one of my affiliates too…
So let’s try see if you can use a Chat tool for Contact Us.
- People today have changed how they want to communicate with a company (and people too).
- KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) Remember this term from School? Our world is very complicated, some would say overly complicated. When looking for tools I look for solutions that are up and running in a short period of time and can do double duty. In this case a chat tool and contact us solution all in one.
- How many devices hit your web site? PC’s, Phones, Tablets and Unknowns; does your site support a variety of technology? You need to make sure you can address everyone’s (within reason) needs who come to your site.
Why am I excited about this tool? Because it can change how people communicate with you.
Think about your phone and chatting with family or friend via text messaging. You don’t even think “how to use it” it just happens. Essentially that is what this tool allows you to do, chat with visitors on your web site. It is real time chat (Texting) with visitors to help seal a deal or maybe they have a simple question about inventory or ask if you could stay later so they could stop by and purchase a product. It is about sales, sales and more sales. People want quick responses to their questions. Studies show the rate of sales increases dramatically when you are able to answer questions quickly. This creates a sense of ownership and engagement and that is what your web site should be actively doing, (engaging people) and this tool (or others like it) can help you.
Let’s go through this example of what it could do on your web site…
- You have installed PureChat on your web site and it is displaying on all of your pages (my example is the “Contact Us” in the bottom left hand corner).
- When you are not logged onto the PureChat site at a PC / Phone and your status is set to “Away” the chat box becomes a Contact Us solution. People can simply put in their name, email address and type a question to you (that is sent to the email address on your PureChat account). They also filter out SPAM as well!
- With the Phone App installed and connected to your account, it is literally like text messaging 24×7 until you exit or turn the status to away.
- You can have multiple operators (so if you have a “Team” that will moderate and answer texts they can have an account).
- It works not only for you as the “owner” but also if people come to your responsive (mobile friendly) web site. It adapts for those users and is 100% compatible.
Also note: as mentioned later, IF you are an eBayer or Craigslist – you can put the link to your chat window on the page. I can’t mention this enough – if you have ANY online environment how great this tool can be to support you.
To learn more watch the video below, then sign up here!
What can PureChat do for you? A web Swiss Army Knife you can use in multiple places for your business. Your WordPress site (uses a plugin), OR Other web sites (EBay, Craigslist, your own web site build on another platform and you can add it to your E-Mail signature). You can now extend your footprint using chat 24×7 with the SmartPhone app, and increase sales by engaging people quickly.
Added screen shots from my phone… so as a n end user you will see the following:
Browsing the site – bottom right hand corner “CHAT”
When selecting “Chat” you will be taken to a new window to chat.
When you are logged onto your account and have the chat turned on, the dashboard gives you multiple pieces of information like reporting and notifications (visual and audible).
Hopefully this helps to explain my first question of could you use a Chat tool for Contact Us, it seems you can. Don’t wait, jump in and adapt to using this simple tool. You, your business and more importantly your customers will thank you. If you need assistance or question as usual use my contact us :) uh… chat!