If you didn’t know I’m an Audi fan, you are now on notice:). Audi just pushed out their New 2017 Audi A4 video on YouTube. The exterior is not a huge change, however it is refined for the most part and you will know that it is an Audi and maybe more importantly an A4.
The interior however is next to amazing… Audi for the past 10 years roughly has been challenging the leaders of interior design, fit and finish. Mainly BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. All of these companies have seemed to rest on their reputations built in the 80’s and 90’s. Today however, the hungry luxury arm of VW Group – Audi has been leading the pack in design, fit and finish and quality materials since around the mid 2000’s.
This new 2017 Audi A4 seems to continue the trend with the several market leading features. The largest digital instrument cluster in its class. Available features like the Audi virtual cockpit, traffic jam assist and head-up display are some of the features that caught my eye. Also trending in almost every manufactures interior design is the ambient lighting. This A4 seems to have stepped up the game and it gets you into the Audi “Experience” and feels like it is well put together.
Like many luxury cars it has front, rear and side sensors to protect you and the vehicle from hitting everything. With the 12″ cluster they still left in a center screen for interior controls, radio controls etc.
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- Sunroof with sunshade, power tilt and slide features
- Leather seating surfaces
- Full LED headlights
- Heated front seats
- S line® exterior appearance-front and rear bumpers, body-colored side sills, S line® fender badges, Matte twilight Gray rear diffuser with honeycomb depositors
- Bang & Olufsen® 3D Sound System with 19 speakers, 16-channel amplifier and 755 watts
- Audi advanced key – keyless start, stop and entry
- MMI® navigation plus with voice control system with 8.3” color display2
- Audi virtual cockpit (12.3″ LCD fully digital instrument cluster)
- MMI® touch with handwriting-recognition technology
- Audi side assist with Audi pre sense® rear
- Head-up display with navigation and assistance systems information
Time will tell if Audi can stay on top, pushing the industry to new ideas and innovation. Right now they seem to be unstoppable much like BMW and Mercedes not too long ago, however being the leader is harder to maintain than the fun part of climbing to the top. I will enjoy sometime this spring to take a test drive to see how this new interior feels in person, however today it looks pretty cool from the outside looking in.